Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another sad day for us


Yukon had a bad fall down the deck stairs last night and this morning Mitch and I took him into the vet and said goodbye. It was so hard to let him go, we just couldn't let him suffer in pain anymore. The whole family had a big cry this morning. T-man broke my heart when he said that Yukon was like his brother.

I am going to miss you Yukon - you were the bestest, dumbest, most lovable dog in the whole world. Thank you for loving us, being gentle with my babies, being rough with my boys, and always knowing the difference. Thank you for being my constant shadow, willing and ready to go anywhere or nowhere, and never complaining when you got left behind. Thank you for cleaning up my floors, all the food you thought was "extra" and for always entertaining us. I am so glad that we got to be your family.

Yukon Jack
June 28, 1998 - October 13, 2009

7 comments:

Deb said...

Oh Chelle, I am so sorry. ((HUGS)) to you and your family.

Amy said...

So sorry Chelle, my heart aches for your family. Such a hard thing to have to do. *hugs*

Laura said...

Chelle- sorry to hear about Yukon. He was a pretty dog. {{{BIG HUGS}}}

ALM said...

Struth and I are so sorry. I cannot imagine the loss you feel right now. Struth and i are thinking about you and your family.

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you hunny - such a sad time X

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

Roz said...

Big hugs...he had a good life thanks to you and your family. It's rough losing a pet. (((HUGS)))