Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kitten Update

Here is a much better picture of Izzy.

She is doing good, running around and playing with everything like kittens do. This afternoon she was playing with a box of Kleenex. She could hook the tissues with her little claws and pull them out. That was fun for awhile, but then she ran out of tissues. So she needed to take a closer look and stuffed her whole head in the box. When she could not get her head back out of the box she went into kitten panic mode. She was running around the living room and thrashing about like a crazy cat - only backwards. It took me awhile to catch her so that I could pull the box off her head, mostly because I was laughing so hard. Next time I hope the camera is closer so I can video or at least take a picture!
Here is my T-man with his Johnny Cat.

Johnny was not having such a good day. He seemed to be sleepy while his sister was running in circles (backwards ones) around him. So I decided that since I was planning on taking them to the vet to get them checked out anyway - maybe now would be a good time. Sure enough the vet found that he had a temp of 104. So while it is probably a viral kitty cold that he picked up while he was in foster care, we went ahead and started him on some antibiotics just in case. He did run around with his sister a little bit tonight, so I hope that means he is feeling better. And I really hope that Izzy doesn't get it too, or that if she does the vet is running a 2 for 1 special.

Mandi is completely smitten with the kittens. Tonight Mitch gave her a rawhide chip and she was happily munching on it in the dining room. Johnny Cat came up to see what she was chewing on and she gave it to him. Just handed over her raw hide like she was sharing a cookie with her buddy. Now I am not sure that I want the kittens eating raw hides, but what a dog. And I was worried she might eat the kittens!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love your animal stories :) Those kitties are so adorable, glad your little boy is feeling better!!