Saturday, May 12, 2007

Just Another Crazy Saturday

Today was a busy day. We were supposed to be up early this morning because J-man was having a sleepover at J-dudes house and was being dropped of at 9am. I woke up at 6:30 to let the dog out, but went back to bed. Big mistake. The next time I saw the clock it was 9:21. Yowsa. Mitch and I both jumped up and started moving, not believing that A. we actually slept that late and B. T-man did not wake us up demanding food, or the dog for that matter. Weren't they hungry? I was, and I am pretty sure that's what finally woke me up, was my stomach. J-man did not get dropped off until 9:30, maybe they all slept in at J-dudes house too.

So after a quick shower, getting dressed and eating breakfast real quick we were out the door again. First stop - Tae Kwon Do for T-man. Mitch and T-man stayed there J-man and I headed out to the pool for swim team sign ups. We signed up for swim team, stroke and turn classes and ordered a new sweatshirt. I almost ordered one for me, and I still can if I want to, I'm thinking about it.....

J-man and I headed back to martial arts to watch T-man finish and then it was back home to rush around and get the house picked up before my Mom got here. We were supposed to be going to the Mariners game and I thought it started at one. After a quick call to Goma to see what time she was leaving I was informed that it was a 7pm game. Ooops. I called my Mom, but she didn't answer her cell phone. Better keep cleaning, she's on her way. Uh oh. That was the doorbell. Great. House is a mess. The game is 8 hours away. I have no back up plan.

So we hung out in the only clean room in the house while we decided what to do. Lunch was the first thing on everybody's minds so we did that then went and played tourist in Seattle. A little Pike Place Market - all the flowers were being snatched up for Mothers Day, kind of funny. Looked at Elliot Bay - hey, there are some Tugboat races today! New Olympic Sculpture Park on the Waterfront - we should go investigate it. It was interesting. I call this one "Drunk Longshoreman" but I don't know what its official name is. Finally the ballpark is open, lets go to Safeco Field!

Ah baseball. I love it. I love it even better when the Mariners win. And it is even better yet when the Yankees LOSE. Not tonight my friends, not tonight. But we did have entertainment. The lady sitting in front of us had a hat on, a beret to be exact and it had a little tiny thing-y-ma-bob on the top that T-man kept trying to play with. The lady would then scratch her head. I tried not to laugh and be the good Mom, "T-man! Stop that!" But it was still funny. The poor little boys had just had a very buzy day and started saying they were ready to go home after the 5th inning. Since the score was 7-2 Yankees, I was not totally opposed to that, but thought we should stick it out for my Mom. We made it to the 8th inning and both the boys were asleep and the score had not gone anywhere, so off we went to take our collective 100pounds of dead (sleeping actually) weight to the car.

Whew today is over. The house did not clean itself while I was gone all day, so I better get to it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a crazy day Chelle.
Bugger about sleeping in, Im the worst offender at that. Lol