Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Race for the Cure

http://www.pugetsoundraceforthecure.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1040&px=1047201

Last year my friend and co-worker MJ was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had come back from her mammogram saying that this one spot really hurt when they did the test. Well thank goodness for routine screening, because before that test she did not notice that she had a lump. It was cancer and she was whirlwinded into doctor appointment after doctor appointment. She had to have chemo before surgery, then surgery and then more chemo and radiation. Somehow she still managed to come to work regularly and take care of business here despite being poisoned, prodded at, balded and surgically altered. She came through with strength and dignity and she is my new hero.

Race for the Cure is one month from today and I need to raise some money! I don't want any more of my friends to have to go through what MJ went through. Lets find a cure! Check out my race page and sponsor me, it's all for a good cause and totally tax deductible.

No comments: