Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another Month Gone

Where do they go? Only one month left of summer. That means I have to start planning J-man's birthday party. Should be low key this year since we are going to have it over labor day weekend this year. We usually go out of town for that weekend, but not this year. This year we are expecting a baby!! No not me, Christine and Ryan are due Sept 4th and I don't want to miss it! They did not find out the sex of the baby and the suspense is killing me. They don't realize that I am plotting and planning around this big date. I am planning on making some dinners for their freezer, and I can't wait to go shopping for pink or blue, cause they got enough green and yellow! Its gonna be great to snuggle up to a little baby again, but then leave and go get a full nights sleep! Is that evil of me to think that way? I owe Christine big time babysitting for all the times she watched the boys, and I am sure she is planning on cashing in!
So the birthday party this year is going to be bowling. Okay.....Mr. Gutterball can't break 100 and can barely lift a bowling ball wants to go throw gutter balls with his friends. Fine with me, I am pretty sure they serve beer, so much better for the parents. Now that bowling alley's don't totally reek of smoke they are not so bad. I wonder if they will let me bring in a cake? Just trying to keep the mess out of my house, but J-man is thinking slumber party too. Hmm. No.
Got one more camping trip planned for this weekend at Mt. Rainier. The weather is not supposed to be that great, and I am not up for camping in the rain, so might be home early. If it is nice I am excited to get that close to the mountain and get some hiking in. We are taking Yukon with us, but I am not sure how much hiking he can do, poor guy had to be helped up the stairs last night to go to bed. Bad hips suck.
In a couple of weeks I am joining my Mom for the Relay for Life for the American Cancer Association. She signed me up as a Cancer survivor, which I guess I am, but I don't like to talk about it. I have my next check on Thursday, lets hope for another cancer free visit - Woo Hoo! I will be dedicating my walk to Jan Nelson, my friend Jen's Mom, who is currently battling against ovarian cancer. Battling is the right word, she is fighting so hard and I am so inspired by her strength, and she is so supportive of Jen and an awesome Grandma even during radiation!
This morning I was up at the pool swimming with our pools masters swim program. It was my second time and I think I am going to stick with it for the rest of the summer. The coach is a friend from College and she is helping me with my strokes and pushing me to get a really good work out. J-man is impressed that I joined "a swim team" but was very disappointed to learn that we don't have meets. He can't understand why I am doing it. Oh maybe to see if I can lose 30 pounds or so? Plus I have to admit it feels great. I got into a rhythm today in the water, I need to see if I can get my kick-turn back and practice0 butterfly a lot more, it was really hard to get out of the water on that one. Maybe I should sign myself up for some lessons right along side of T-man! He is working on side breathing now, it is pretty funny to watch.
Well time to go back to the pool for water polo and swim lessons.

No comments: